Saturday, June 28, 2008

Love Actually

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspision love actually is all around. "
Prime Minister (Hugh Grant)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aurelia: [in Portuguese] Just don't go eating it all yourself, you're getting chubbier every day. Jamie: I'm very lucky I've got one of those constitutions where I never put on weight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Daniel: Oh, well, okay, right. Well, I mean, I'm a little relieved.
Sam: Why?
Daniel: Well, because I thought it would be something worse.
Sam: [incredulous] Worse than the total agony of being in love?
Daniel: Oh. No, you're right. Yeah, total agony.

O filme é amoroso, do princípio ao fim, à parte daquela '(des)caracterização' dos portugueses, em que a irmã da Lúcia Moniz era uma gordona, e a família era tudo uma saloiada que no fim dá um beijo na boca (?) ao Jamie (como se fosse alguma espécie de costume português...)! Enfim... De resto perfect!

1 comment:

PP said...

Sem duvida um dos meus filmes preferidos!! Já vi imensas vezes e adoro! Adoro a cena do aeroporto das pessoas a chegarem, adoro o colin firth, aodro a miuda do fim a cantar, adoro as varias historias! :)